Legal advice needed

Foorumi reeglid
Juristaitab veebi digitaalsesse arhiivi kuuluvad alates 2011. aastast kuni 2023. aasta 15. maini veebi teel esitatud küsimused ja juristide poolt antud vastused. Tähelepanu! Arhiivis ei uuendata ega kaasajastata arhiveeritud sisu, mistõttu võib olla vajalik tutvuda ajakohase teabega.

Isikuandmete töötlemise kohta saate lähemalt lugeda siit.
Vasta

Legal advice needed

12 Aug 2022, 14:32

I have recently bought a new apartment in Tallinn, construction work of the building finished this same year.
My upstairs neighbour had a problem when installing his kitchen and there was a flooding that also affected my apartment. When this happened I was not in Tallinn.
The construction company (Nordlin) and the neighbour's constructor helped with the repairs, but there was key information hidden from me: They did not give me details on the accident, how many litres of water were poured and exactly what the damage was. I have also not received a report or detail of the works performed in my apartment.

I have made an ocular inspection with the little information I had and everything looked fine on the surface but the damages could be internal. My neighbour confirmed in an email that my apartment was Ok, which I believed and he made me confirm that this was so in an email.

Now that I am about to move, Nordlin told me there were more that 50 litres poured inside my house and that I should thoroughly inspect the ceiling and wooden floor to see if there is water there because I could see the damages in winter time when the heating is turned on. There are also other damages that we see now (water damages take time to start being noticeable). I have no photos, no documents, nothing regarding the accident, and they are not replying to my requests.
I had to get a constructor myself to help me assess the apartment's condition, but he can't help us with the communication issues as much and it should not be our responsibility to conduct the inspections or fix the damage caused by the flood.

I talked with my neighbour but he gave me the contacts of the company responsible which is not replying to my messages. They only speak in Russian.

I feel my property rights have been violated. I've contacted the Consumer Protection Board, and they indicated that we should ask here.

What should I do?

Re: Legal advice needed

12 Aug 2022, 21:26

Tere

Kuivõrd foorumis saame vastata vaid eesti keeles ja üldistes küsimustes, soovitan pöörduda individuaalsele õigusnõustamisele. Üheks võimaluseks on registreeruda õigusnõustamisele veebilehel https://hugo.legal/broneeri/ ja märkida registreerudes, et soovite õigusabi inglise keeles.

Lugupidamisega

Tiina Mölder
jurist

Vasta